Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolution One: Do one thing that scares you everyday.

Although I have personal resolutions I will work on this year, I also have some design rules I want to hold myself to. Thought you might enjoy hearing about mine, and maybe you can try some of these ideas to brighten your space in 2011!

First, I resolve to do one thing that scares me everyday. Whether adding a pop of bright color, mixing multiple patterns, or papering a room with a fun covering, it's important to take risks when creating a space. It's often the design element that pushes you out of your comfort zone that makes a room. And the best part about fabric or paint or funky furniture? Nothing is permanent. If you don't like it, paint it a different color or take it out of the room!

Here are some of my favorite rooms where the designer took a risk, and let me tell you, it paid off!



(image via Lonny)



(image via Danielle Oakey Interiors)



(image via Domino)



(image via Domino)



(image via Lonny)



(image via Lonny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...