Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Inspires You?

Where do you find inspiration?

I find inspiration just about everywhere!

Nature is endlessly inspiring to me. The colors, composition, lines, and patterns inspire me, and I am constantly blown away by the power of Mother Nature to create beauty from nothing.




Certain retail shops do it for me as well. The genius that is J. Crew gets my mind and heart racing every time I walk through the stylish doors. And Anthropologie is art in store-form as far as I'm concerned. I don't know where they find their creative visionaries, but keep them coming!



Old architecture transports me to a different place and time altogether. I love dreaming about by-gone eras when things were built to last and no detail was ignored!



Interesting patterns always excite me. I love classic design with some beautiful, worldly prints thrown in!





Of course, magazine are an obvious example. Stacks litter my apartment, and I love being able to flip through one on a whim. I always have so many more ideas after flipping through the glossy pages than when I started.



But my favorite source of inspiration? Blogs! There are so many amazingly talented people out there, and I love that blogs provide a platform to share these creative and inspiring ideas. I'm so grateful for all the bloggers putting content out there willingly and excited to share their work with the world. Keep that coming as well!

So I wonder...
Do the same things inspire you?
What gets you every time?



2 comments:

  1. I used to read magazines constantly and buy hundreds of interior books for inspiration but I've pretty much stopped since reading blogs. It amazes me how much inspiration is out there and the more you look, the more you find. Every time I've thought of a project around the house a quick search brings up something incredible that somebody else tried, along with beautiful photos and instructions. Not sure I could survive without them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coffee shops and favorite professors :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...