Tuesday, May 31, 2011

House Beautiful Cover Love.

I'm in love with the cover of the new House Beautiful! It pretty much speaks for itself, but I though I'd gush over the details of my new found design crush.

First things first, the color palette is spot on perfect. The neutrals mixed with pops of color create a sophisticated casual space ideal for members of either sex. The navy and green tone down the feminine pop of pink, and the ornate pattern on the throw balances out the masculine beiges, browns, and blacks.

I also love the different finishes incorporate seamlessly into one space. I spy natural fiber juxtaposing sleek glass, shiny silver, and cold stone. Pops of black iron compliment the white textiles. The room boasts great balance without containing much in the way of stuffy symmetry. It looks lived in, collected, and welcoming- all elements of a flawlessly designed space!

I recently "inherited" a hideous 1980's faux brass chandelier (although it plugs into the wall) contraption similar to the fixture below, only wide instead of long and much uglier.

I already had been planning on painting the brass out in a matte black, so it could masquerade as wrought iron. I figured it would make for a beautiful center piece filled with candles or flowers, and now I'm completely sold after seeing the gorgeousness that is the chandelier in the House Beautiful cover space.

One more chance to "ohhhh" and "ahhhhh"... Go ahead, I know you want to.

Let's be honest, this room definitely exceeds crush- I think it's a full blown love affair!

1 comment:

  1. Loved that cover, too. Funny, the inside spread did not impress me as much. I think they hit all the perfect elements in one angle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...