Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Difference A Day Can Make: The Staircase.

Remember yesterday when my stairway looked like this?

Those days are gone! My paper hangers are my new favorite ladies, thanks to the grasscloth they installed that completed transformed the space. I couldn't even wait three minutes after they left to get two coats of white paint on the wood paneling. The difference is drastic and beautiful!


Today I'm off to get new treads for the stairs, more paint, and a fresh piece of wood to cap off the small wood paneled ledge.

Here are the front runners for stair color combinations: medium blue with a deeper blue stripe, hunter green with a kelly green stripe, or navy blue with a medium gray stripe. I want to keep the paint dark so it doesn't show dirt or scuffs. The stripe (similar to this) will add visual interest and inject a bit of energy into what could become a dark corner of the house.

Isn't it just amazing what paper and fresh paint alone can do!

Email me at heidi.atlsdesign@gmail.com if you want help making some easy changes in your home that will make a big difference! I'd love to work with you to create the home of your dreams.


2 comments:

  1. This makes me SO excited to see it when it is done. Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Our hallway was horrid after years of paint and abuse. We papered it in a raffia similar to grass cloth. And I love it. makes everything look so crisp.

    Looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...