Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beirut is for lovers.

My heart definitely started beating a little faster when I stumbled across images of Lebanese fashion designer Elie Saab's Paris and Beirut homes on Shelter. Both are designed by Chakib Richani, also of Lebanese descent. My boyfriend is Lebanese and his parents and many family members grew up in villages outside of Beirut. To say I can't wait to go and see Lebanon with my own eyes would be a huge understatement. After seeing these highlights of Lebanese architecture and interiors, I'm even more excited to go!

While Saab's Parisian home is stunning...








his Lebanese home really stole my heart.




The white is clean, yet warm.


And the moorish architectural details left me speechless.



It exudes such a casual, effortless elegance.



I would do just about anything to enjoy my morning coffee outside in paradise.

To see more of Chakib Richani's work, check out his website here. It's sure to please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...